Introduction to Prevention of Food Fraud (VILT)
Duration: 6 hours + assessment, Cost: $486.00 + GST per person
This course is designed for anyone who is involved with prevention of food fraud activities at their workplace.
What is covered?
- What is food fraud?
- The history of food fraud, including the rise of supplier standard requirements
- Outline of different supplier requirements
- Regulatory requirements
- Types of food fraud
- Examples of food fraud
- What is VACCP and TACCP?
- How to carry out a vulnerability assessment:
- How to gather information about the supply chain
- How to complete a risk assessment
- The mitigation and control measures that may be introduced, including anti-counterfeit technologies
Who should attend?
- Senior and mid-level management
- Quality assurance and internal auditors
- Managers or staff that operate and monitor HACCP- based programmes
- Technical managers
- Engineering managers/staff
- Production/processing management
- Procurement, supply chain and distribution management
Virtual Instructor-Led Training
- Please ensure you have a stable internet connection for the session.
- Ensure you have access to a microphone and webcam
- Where possible, choose a quiet space where you are unlikely to be interrupted for the duration of your training.
- Understand the requirements and benefits of vulnerability assessment.
- Know how to identify currents risks to your business’s products and supply chain and possible control measures.
- Train with a NZQA recognised Private Training Establishment (PTE).
A non-unit based assessment is included in the course.
There is no prerequisite but trainees should have a solid understanding of their business’s products and processes and a wider knowledge of international supply chains.