Halal Introductory Dairy Auditing (VILT)
Duration: 2 x 4 hour sessions + assessment, Cost: $585.00 + GST per person
This course provides an understanding of the principles of halal processing and auditing. This programme is designed to provide awareness to people who work a dairy processing plant. Trainees will gain an understanding of the definition and concepts of halal certification, primary processing and halal auditing.
What is covered?
- Islamic Shari’ah
- Islamic concept of hygiene
- Islamic approach to Good Manufacturing Processes
- Halal stunning and slaughter requirements
- Islamic and Halal auditing requirements
Virtual Instructor-Led Training
- Please ensure you have a stable internet connection for the session.
- Ensure you have access to a microphone and webcam
- Where possible, choose a quiet space where you are unlikely to be interrupted for the duration of your training.
- This training is delivered in 2 days (0900-1200) via VILT + assessment time
Who should attend?
This course is designed for people who are involved in Halal dairy production and for experienced people who are familiar with the audit Halal processes for certification for a primary products food processing operation.
Trainees will be required to have a basic knowledge of Shariah requirements in production and certification of Halal food and food products as part of their Risk Management Programme.
- Pre-course: self-directed learning to be completed at your own pace two weeks prior course start date.
- VILT: This training is delivered in 2 days (0900-1200) via VILT + assessment time
- Post-course workplace learning: two observations and attestation to be submitted within 10 weeks from start date (Practical component for US 29088).
- Trainees must be employed in the industry to complete this course. It is recommended to have completed our Halal Awareness course prior.
- Trainees will be required to have a basic understanding of Shariah requirements in production and certification of Halal food and food products as per their organisational requirements.
- Age requirements - Trainees must be 18 years or older to enrol.
English Proficiency: All students are required to have a level of written and oral English equivalent to IELTS 5.5 or higher to be eligible to attend the courses. Please note that evidence of English language proficiency is exempt for those trainees whose enrolment has been organised and paid by their employer.
On successful completion of this course, trainees will be able to:
- Explain the purpose and scope of a Halal audit
- Demonstrate knowledge of the Halal audit process in accordance with Shariah.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Halal food management activities for a primary products food processing operation.
- Prepare to produce and produce Halal dairy products.
- 25924 - Demonstrate knowledge of audit requirements in the certification of Halal food and food products (5 credits) (level 4). Knowledge-based unit standard. Theoretical assessment completed on the course.
- 29088 - Produce Halal dairy products (5 credits) (level 4). Theoretical component completed on the course and practical component and observations to be completed post-course at your workplace within 10 weeks from start date.
Please contact our team if you have any special learning needs or additional support is required on the day. Trainees with literacy concerns may request a reader/writer support for non-unit standard based training.
Note: This course is available to all students (domestic and international).
AsureQuality Limited has been granted approval by NZQA under section 251 of the Education Act 1989 to provide the ''Halal Introductory Auditing'' training scheme.