Introductory Food HACCP (VILT)
Duration: 6 hrs + assessment , Cost: $486.00 + GST per person
The HACCP system has been developed to help manufacturers produce safe food. It is designed to help processors and manufacturers to systematically identify hazards and appropriate controls. This course takes participants through the need for HACCP, provides a brief food safety refresher, and introduces the concept of HACCP and its principles according to Codex guidelines.
“AsureQuality’s training is well suited to our needs. We will continue to work with AsureQuality to upskill our team in Food Safety & Quality.” Employee at George Weston Foods (NZ) Limited
What is covered?
- Principles of Food Safety
- Codex guidelines and how these are applied to HACCP
- New Zealand Food Legislation
- The seven principles of HACCP and how
they are used to achieve food safety
- Pre-requisite programmes
- Food safety hazards
- Controlling quality
- Critical limits
Who should attend?
- Those who are new to HACCP or are required to work under a HACCP programme
Virtual Instructor Led Training
- Please ensure you have a stable internet connection for the session.
- Ensure you have access to a microphone and webcam
- Where possible, choose a quiet space where you are unlikely to be interrupted for the duration of your training.
- Understand the principles of HACCP as they relate to your role
- Meet the requirements of most food quality and safety standards
- Gain an insight into current national and international food safety issues
- Train with a NZQA recognised Private Training Establishment (PTE)
A knowledge check will be completed at the conclusion of this training. This will be online, or by PDF copy and returned to the trainer to receive your certificate.
There is no prerequisite, however a good understanding of food safety is advised.