FSSC-ISO 22000: Version 5
Duration: 1 day, Cost: $689.00 + GST per person
FSSC 22000 is used by organisations that need to demonstrate their ability to control food safety hazards in order to meet customer requirements. It combines food safety management system requirements of ISO 22000 with additional pre-requisite programme requirements of both ISO/TS 22002-1 and the FSSC scheme. This scheme has been benchmarked by the Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) which recognises the equivalence of the core requirements of a number of food safety management systems, including FSSC 22000, BRC, SQF, and IFS. Food manufacturers that already have ISO 22000 certification need only add the ISO/TS 22002-1 and FSSC scheme requirements to their current programme to be ready for a FSSC 22000 certification audit. It enables trainees to refine their understanding of ISO 22000 requirements in relation to HACCP prior to the certification audit. ISO 22000 has been updated from the 2005 version to the 2018 version. This course helps participants transition to or implement FSSC Version 5.
What is covered?
- What is needed to modify a current FSMS to meet the new requirements
- Cross-reference between Codex HACCP and ISO 22000
- ISO 22000 in the context of food safety and quality
- Food safety management system requirements
- ISO/TS 22002-1 pre-requisite requirements
- HACCP according to ISO 22000 including Operational PRPs vs CCPs
- Verification requirements
- Continuous improvement
- Review of an organisation’s current HACCP plan against ISO 22000 requirements. (Participants are requested to bring their own HACCP plan. It is essential that you bring the scope of the plan, the product description and process flow diagram.)
Who should attend?
Those who are involved in developing, implementing or maintaining FSSC 22000 systems and who need to gain a clear understanding of the scheme’s requirements.
- An understanding of the changes to the standard
- Understand ISO 22000-specific HACCP requirements (OPRPs vs CCPs)
- Learn how to interpret ISO 22000, including OPRPs determination
There is no prerequisite, however a good understanding of food safety, the food sector (including regulatory requirements), and HACCP in relation to ISO 22000 is advised.
All students are required to have a level of written and oral English equivalent to IELTS 5.5 or higher to be eligible to attend the courses. The person responsible for making bookings or authorising attendance on the course must agree to this entry requirement.
Please note that evidence of English language proficiency is exempt for those trainees whose enrolment has been organised, paid or required by their employer.
You will be required to be 18 years old or older to be able to enrol into our courses.
Please contact our team in advance if you have any special learning needs or additional support is required on the day. Trainees with literacy concerns may request a reader/writer support for non-unit standard based training.
- Early Bird Offer
- Limited Spaces