Understanding Dairy Pathogen Management
Duration: 1 day, Cost: $833.00 per person + GST & disbursements
This course will give employees involved in the dairy industry an understanding of pathogen management, legislation, systems and verification activities in the dairy industry.
What is covered?
- What legislation applies to pathogen management?
- Who needs to have a pathogen management programme?
- Reminder: what are pathogens? What are the consequences of contamination?
What are their growth conditions?
- Sources of contamination in the dairy industry
- Components of a pathogen management programme
- How an operator goes about developing a pathogen management programme
- Overview of verification activities associated with pathogen management programmes
- Overview of responsibilities of an individual with respect to pathogen management programmes
Who should attend?
- All dairy operators
- Anyone operating an RMP programme
- Understand regulatory requirements with respect to pathogen management in the dairy industry
- Understand pathogen management programmes and processes in the dairy industry
- Understand what a Pathogen management programme may look like in an RMP
- Understand pathogen management programme audit verification requirements; including understanding checksheet requirements and examples of typical non-conformances and industry norms
No unit standards apply.
This course includes a non-unit standard based Assessment to check your understanding of the topic.
There is no prerequisite.
Trainees need to bring a copy of their site floor plan to the course, for a
Zoning exercise during the course.
Note: Currently this course is only available to domestic students. Please contact us if you are not a domestic student and would like to register your interest in this course.