Introductory Food Safety & ECE (VILT)
Duration: 4 hrs + assessment, Cost: $250.20 + GST per person
This course provides a basic understanding of the general practices used to create an environment that is safe to produce food and the practices that help to ensure safe production and handling. Participants will learn a variety of topics including how to prevent cross contamination, promote hygienic practices and monitor the temperature of high-risk foods through the application of Good Operating Practice.
This course covers the theory towards unit standards 167 and 168,
What is covered?
- What is a food safety hazard
- Preventing contamination
- Personal hygiene
- Cleaning and sanitising
- Maintenance and repairs
- Pest controls
- Approved suppliers
- Shelf life
- Controlling temperature
- Documentation and recording keeping
- Overview of NZ food legislation
Who should attend?
Anyone working or preparing to work in the food and dairy industry
Virtual Instructor-Led Training
- Please ensure you have a stable internet connection for the session.
- Ensure you have access to a microphone and webcam
- Where possible, choose a quiet space where you are unlikely to be interrupted for the duration of your training.
- Apply new skills and knowledge to your workplace immediately after the course
- Reduce your company’s down-grade costs through applying the food safety controls taught in this course
- Gain an insight into current national and international food safety issues
- Train with a NZQA recognised Private Training Establishment (PTE)
- This course is aligned to unit standard 167 and 168. Although the standard course does not assess these unit standards, talk to the training team about how this may be achieved.
There is no prerequisite
A knowledge check will be completed at the conclusion of this training. This will be online, or by PDF copy and returned to the trainer to receive your certificate.