VTA (Vertebrate Toxic Agent) Training (VILT)
Duration: 4 hours + assessment time, Cost: $650.00+ GST per person
This course is designed to meet the legal requirements of the ACVM Hazardous Substance and New Organism Act and the New Work Safe Act.
It provides the knowledge and skills to prepare trainees to use the poisons involved in pest control.
What is covered?
- New Zealand legislation that controls the use of VTAs.
- Who needs to be licenced and what that entails.
- The types and uses of controlled substances.
- The types of pests that they control.
- How to stay safe while using VTAs..
Virtual Instructor-Led Training
- Please ensure you have a stable internet connection for the session.
- Ensure you have access to a microphone and webcam
- Where possible, choose a quiet space where you are unlikely to be interrupted for the duration of your training.
This training is delivered via remote learning. This may include some webinar time, email and calls to the trainer, and assessment via shared doc and email. Please allow up to 8 hours for completion
Who should attend?
- Individuals who wish to become an approved handler for VTA and gain a controlled substance licence.
- Individuals training who work in the pest control field.
- Field supervisors.
- Site location storemen and supervisors at retail outlets selling VTAs.
- Understand the requirements of the legislation.
- Understand the basics of staying safe with VTAs including rules, types of safety gear, emergency response.
- Overview of the procedures for storage, transport and disposal of VTAs.
- Train with a NZQA recognised Private Training Establishment (PTE)
2 assessment pages, practical exercises and a written assessment. This will be online, or by PDF copy and returned to the trainer to receive your certificate.
There is no prerequisite however trainees must have a job in pest control pending their training and licensing.
- Comprehensive resource material
- An AsureQuality completion certificate
- A police check
- Certified Handler Certificate on the achievement of assessment competency
- AsureQuality can facilitate the CSL application with Worksafe. All documentation must be completed in full in order to process the application
This programme provides formal training and assessment as required for VTAs for which you may require a Certified Handler Certificate:
- Potassium Cyanide
- Sodium Cyanide
- Yellow Phosphorous
- DRC 1339
- Sodium Fluoroacetate (1080)
- Microencapsulated Zinc Phosphide (MZP)
- Alphachoralose solid
Note: This course is available to all students
- Early Bird Offer
- Limited Spaces
- No occurences are currently available.