AsureQuality is a DAFF (external link) (Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry) accredited Certification Body for the Australian Wood Packaging Certification Scheme (AWPCS).
We can verify that you are using packaging that meets both the requirements of the International Standard for Phytosanitary Measure (ISPM15) 'Guidelines for regulating wood packaging material in international trade' and the AWPCS.
Under the AWPCS, treatment providers and wood packaging manufacturers that meet the ISPM 15 requirements are authorised by DAFF to apply an internationally recognised mark to wood packaging material produced for use in the export trade. The ISPM 15 certification mark can only be used in Australia by participants in the AWPCS who are recognised by DAFF.
- AWPCS is JAS-ANZ accredited
- Complies with International Standards for export
- Minimises export costs due to incorrect heat or fumigation treatments
AsureQuality’s specialist forestry auditors have extensive experience in the industry, across the whole supply chain
Becoming AWPCS certified
The AWPCS Programme requires an initial certification audit and once certified two verification audits per year. The audits cover all aspects of the AWPCS requirements.
- Contact AsureQuality for a registration form
- Register and submit your Quality Manual for desk assessment
- AsureQuality auditor will complete an on-site audit
- Once assessment is complete and your organisation is assessed compliant, AsureQuality will recommend your certification to DAFF to obtain a certification number and approval to use the IPPC logo on your product.