Information & Registration to NZLTA Programme
What is the NZLTA Programme?
Safe & efficient livestock transport is a critical part of any integrated supply chain.
The NZLTA programme ensures there is robust, innovative and trusted assurances supporting livestock transport in New Zealand.
The NZLTA programme covers cattle, sheep, lambs, goats and calves.
Transport Operator Registration
Transport Operators joining the NZLTA Programme must complete the forms below:
That will include:
- Driver Firstname and Surname
- Colour Photocopy or Image of current Driver’s Licence
- Training Record including date of training (dd/mm/yyyy) and approved trainer details
A central register of truck driver accreditation will be maintained by the NZLTA programme with web access provided to programme members and transport operators.
For drivers waiting to complete a driver training course, drivers can only be categorised as in-training for 6 months, this gives them time to complete full induction and training.
Are your Drivers in the Current Driver Register?
If not, refer to the Training Process flowchart above & contact your nearest NZLTA Programme Driver Assessor.
For more specific guidance on the use of electrical prodders/goads on animals – please refer to the species specific animal welfare codes on the MPI website(external link)
NZLTA Programme Members
AFFCO New Zealand Ltd
- Kellie Jamieson - Technical Manager
ANZCO Foods Ltd
- Wayne Dowthwaite - National Livestock Coordinator
Greenlea Premier Meats Ltd
- Greg Clark - Livestock Buyer
Ovation New Zealand Ltd & Te Kuiti Meat Processors Ltd
- Damien Fergus - Technical and Development Manager
Progressive Meats Ltd
- Rebecca McNutt - Livestock Coordinator
- Pat Maher - General Manager
Road Transport Forum NZ
- Dom Kalasih - Manager Policy and Safety
Silver Fern Farms Ltd
- Mark Bull - Food Safety and Regulatory Manager