AsureQuality Timber Treatment Programme
The AsureQuality Timber Treatment Programme (ATTP) is a fully integrated quality assurance scheme including treatment standards, environmental management systems, health and safety practices and product sampling.
AsureQuality developed and launched the Timber Treatment programme in 2005 to provide a comprehensive, independent, third party scheme.
AsureQuality has adopted the new Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) being introduced by the Department of Building and Housing and Industry.
- Ensure compliance to standards and the new Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Assurance for both the supplier and the buyer
- Per audit cost structure to assist in planning compliance costs
- Expert Third Party auditing by our specialist forestry auditors
Standards covered by the ATTP
- NZS 3640 - Chemical Preservation of Round and Sawn Timber
- Standard Operating Procedures for Timber Treatment Plants and Treatment Auditors
- AS/NZS 1605 - Methods for Sampling and Analysing Timber Preservatives and Preservative Treated Timber
- AS/NZS 1604.1 - Specification for preservative treatment Part 1: Sawn and round timber
- AS/NZS 1604.2 - Specification for preservative treatment Part 2: Reconstituted wood based products
- AS/NZS 1604.3 - Specification for preservative treatment Part 3: Plywood
- AS/NZS 1604.4 - Specification for preservative treatment Part 4: Laminated veneer lumber (LVL)
- AS/NZS 1604-5 – Specification for preservative treatment Part 5: Glue Laminated Timber Products
- NZ Approved Code of Practice for the safe use of - Timber Preservatives and Antisapstain Chemicals.
- NZS 3605:2001 – Timber Piles and Poles for Use in Building
- Best Practice Guideline - For the safe use of Timber Preservative and Anti-Sapstain Chemicals
Becoming ATTP certified
Four audits in the first year (one of which is a random audit); the following year if no non-conformances are identified there will be two audits (one of which will be random).
- Contact AsureQuality for a registration form.
- Register and submit your Quality Manual for desk assessment
- AsureQuality auditor will complete an on-site audit
- Once assessment is complete and your organisation is assessed as compliant with the ATTP, AsureQuality issue certification.