Pet Boarding Accreditation
The AsureQuality Pet Boarding Approval Programme is independent proof that your pet's home away from home is committed to high standards of animal welfare.
Check before you book or look for the AsureQuality Logo when selecting your pet's accommodation - Proof that the kennel or cattery has met with the rigorous AsureQuality Pet Boarding Standard.
To ensure that pet boarding facilities have met this standard, an audit is undertaken by independent and impartial inspectors with no commercial link to the pet boarding industry. The audit takes into account the following and includes random spot checks:
- Facility design
- Environment for dogs and cats
- Isolation facilities for cats and dogs
- Vaccination protocol for cats and dogs
- Animal Healthcare
- Emergency procedures
- Pet food preparation
- Transportation of pets
- Staff health
The Approval Certification is valid for a 12-month period with annual inspections to ensure that standards are being maintained. By adhering to these standards people involved in the animal boarding industry demonstrate to the general public their concern for the welfare of the cats and dogs in their care.
- AsureQuality Code of Practice for Catteries PDF (262 KB)
- AsureQuality Code of Practice for Kennels PDF (269 KB)
- Pet Boarding Application Form PDF (76 KB)
- Applicants Preamble and Standard Terms and Conditions PDF (286 KB)
AsureQuality is the only organisation in New Zealand offering boarding kennels and catteries an approved programme as evidence of their commitment to animal welfare.