Introductory Meat HACCP
Course Duration: 1 day
Pricing: $689.00 + GST per person
The HACCP system has been developed to help the meat processing industry produce safe food. It is designed to help processors and manufacturers to systematically identify hazards and appropriate controls. This course takes participants through the need for HACCP, provides a brief food safety refresher, and introduces the concept of HACCP and its principles according to Codex guidelines.
What is covered?
- Principles of food safety
- Codex guidelines and how these are applied to HACCP
- New Zealand food legislation
- The seven principles of HACCP and how they are used to achieve food safety
- Prerequisite programmes
- Food safety hazards
- Controlling quality
- Critical limits
- Identification of hazards, corrective actions and verification requirements
Who should attend?
- Staff who operate and monitor a HACCP-based programme
- Production/processing supervisors
- Quality control and/or quality assurance staff (QA/QC) and ZFT checkers
- Technical staff
- Gain an introductory knowledge of the principles of HACCP and their application
- Understand the principles of HACCP as they relate to your role
- Gain an insight into current national and international food safety issues
- Meet legislative and industry requirements
- Train with a NZQA recognised Private Training Establishment (PTE).
- Unit standard 28263 - Monitor a HACCP system in own work area in a food processing operation (Level 3) (5 credits). Theoretical component to be completed on the course and an attestation to be complete pre course.
There is no prerequisite although trainee’s should complete one attestation prior to the course.
Public scheduled courses are held 9am - 5pm each dayClick here to make a personal enquiry and we’ll be in touch