VTA (Vertebrate Toxic Agent) Training
Course Duration: 1 day
Pricing: $650.00 + GST
This course is designed to meet the legal requirements of the ACVM Hazardous Substance and New Organism Act and the New Work Safe Act.
It provides the knowledge and skills to prepare trainees to use the poisons involved in pest control.
What is covered?
- New Zealand legislation that controls the use of VTAs.
- Who needs to be licenced and what that entails.
- The types and uses of controlled substances.
- The types of pests that they control.
- How to stay safe while using VTAs.
Who should attend?
- Individuals who wish to become an approved handler for VTA and gain a controlled substance licence.
- Individuals training who work in the pest control field.
- Field supervisors.
- Site location storemen and supervisors at retail outlets selling VTAs.
- Understand the requirements of the legislation.
- Understand the basics of staying safe with VTAs including rules, types of safety gear, emergency response.
- Overview of the procedures for storage, transport and disposal of VTAs.
- Train with a NZQA recognised Private Training Establishment (PTE)
2 assessment pages, practical exercises and a written assessment
There is no prerequisite however trainees must have a job in pest control pending their training and licensing.
$650 per person + GST & disbursements
Disbursements include venue hire, catering and any additional trainer/assessor costs required.
- Comprehensive resource material
- An AsureQuality completion certificate
- A police check
- Worksafe fee
- Certified Handler Certificate on achievement of assessment competency
This programme provides formal training and assessment as required for VTAs for which you may require a Certified Handler Certificate:
- Potassium Cyanide
- Sodium Cyanide
- Yellow Phosphorous
- DRC 1339
- Sodium Fluoroacetate (1080)
- Microencapsulated Zinc Phosphide (MZP)
- Alphachoralose solid
Tuesday 14th May 2019$747.50 (incl. GST)1 dayKingsgate - WanganuiBook now
Tuesday 4th June 2019$747.50 (incl. GST)1 dayHamilton - Distinction HotelBook now
Tuesday 18th June 2019$747.50 (incl. GST)1 dayHastings - Havelock North Function CentreBook now
Thursday 20th June 2019$747.50 (incl. GST)1 dayTimaru - The GrosvenorBook now