Advanced Food Safety - Unit 168
Course Duration: 1 Day
Pricing: $420.00 + GST
Gain an understanding of the causes of food safety issues such as spoilage, contamination and food poisoning. Food safety hazards which impact on the food industry will be explained along with prevention methods and important hazard control factors applicable to a food business.
What is covered?
- Basic principles of HACCP
- Food safety hazard identification and control methods
- Cross contamination
- Good Operating Practice (GOP)
- Personal hygiene
- Food preparation and storage
- Temperature monitoring
Who should attend?
Those with a basic knowledge of food safety hazards and who may be looking to train further in HACCP
- Apply new skills to your workplace immediately after the course
- Learn how to prevent spoilage through correct food preservation techniques
- Gain an insight into current national and international food safety issues
- Train with a NZQA recognised Private Training Establishment (PTE)
Unit Standard 168 - Demonstrate knowledge of food contamination hazards, and control methods used in a food establishment (Level 3) (4 credits)
There is no prerequisite, however previous training in Food Safety may be beneficialClick here to make a personal enquiry and we’ll be in touch