Introduction to Dairy Legislation
Pricing: $833.00 per person
This course will give attendees an overview of the legislation that applies to dairy operators in New Zealand, and an introduction to Risk Management Programmes as operated by the New Zealand dairy industry. It also gives attendees an insight into internal verification requirements for a RMP.
What is covered?
- How food and animal product is regulated in New Zealand
- The legislative framework that dairy operators must comply with in New Zealand
- What is a Risk Management Programme (RMP)?
- What legislation applies to RMPs?
- Who needs to have a RMP?
- Components of a RMP
- How an Operator goes about developing and registering a RMP
- Operating a RMP
- The offences and penalties under the legislation
- What is operator verification
- What legislation applies to operator verification
- Types, expected frequencies and reporting requirements for operator verification activities
- The external verification requirements for operator verification.
Who should attend?
- All operators who work within the dairy industry
- Factory managers
- Plant managers
- Anyone involved with operator verification activities
Understanding the purpose, hierarchy and structure of the legislation in relation to dairy operations
Understand the roles and responsibilities in terms of governance and application of the legislation
Broadly understand what is included in an RMP; i.e. have an appreciation of the industry norm, and depth of industry requirements
Awareness of required operator verification activities - what they entail and associated records
No Unit Standards
There is no prerequisite.
$833 per person + GST
Comprehensive resource material
An AsureQuality completion certificate
Please contact our Training team for an individual quote. This course can be delivered at your workplace (minimum rates apply).
NB: Quote will include additional disbursement costs to cover trainer/assessor costs.