Introductory Food Safety
Course Duration: 4 hours
Pricing: $225.00 + GST per person
This course provides a basic understanding of the general practices used to create an environment that is safe to produce food and the practices that help to ensure safe food production. Participants will learn how to prevent cross contamination,
promote hygienic practice and monitor the temperature of high-risk foods through the application of Good Operating Practice.
What is covered?
- Good Operating Practice (GOP)
- Cross contamination
- Temperature monitoring
- Personal hygiene
- Cleaning and sanitising
- Pest control
- Maintenance and equipment
- Approved suppliers.
Who should attend?
Anyone working or preparing to work in the food industry.
- Apply new skills to your workplace immediately after the course
- Reduce your spoiled product costs through applying the food safety hazard controls taught in this course
- Gain an insight into current national and international food safety issues
- Train with a NZQA recognised Private Training Establishment (PTE)
- This course is aligned with the unit standard 167 but is not assessed on the course
- Theoretical component to be completed on the course (knowledge check).
- A certificate of attendance will be issued on successful completion of the knowledge check.
There is no prerequisite.Click here to make a personal enquiry and we’ll be in touch
Tuesday 8th August 2017$258.75 (incl. GST)1 day courseChristchurch - Rosebank EstateBook now
Wednesday 30th August 2017$232.87 (incl. GST)1 day courseAuckland - AsureQuality Airport OaksBook now
Friday 1st September 2017$232.87 (incl. GST)1 day courseWellington - 83 By The SeaBook now
Thursday 19th October 2017$232.87 (incl. GST)1 day courseHastings - Havelock North Function CentreBook now