Halal - Introductory Slaughter
Units 21623, 25926. Elective 25927
Course Duration: 1 day
Pricing: $632.50 incl GST per person
This programme is designed to provide halal training to people who work in a red meat or poultry processing plant or stockyard. Trainees will gain an understanding of the definition and basic concepts of halal certification, primary processing and halal slaughter of animals. This course is also for those who wish to gain knowledge on the basic principles of animal welfare.
What is covered?
- Introduction to Islamic Shariah
- Halal slaughter requirements
- Islamic concept of hygiene
- Shariah law and Animal Welfare Act
- The importance of animal welfare
- The five freedoms of animal welfare
- Islamic slaughter
The following unit standards are required to complete the Introductory Halal programme.
- Unit standard 25926 – Demonstrate knowledge of Shariah in the production and certification of halal meat and meat products (Level 3) (6 credits).
- Unit standard 21623 – Describe halal slaughter requirements in the meat processing industry (Level 2) (3 credits). Theoretical component to be completed on the course and attestation to be completed pre or post course.
Compulsory unit for slaughter persons (Practicing Muslim trainees only)
- Unit standard 25927 – Produce halal meat (Level 3) (5 credits). Theoretical component to be completed on the course. A practical component is to be completed post-course.
Only trainees who have entitled residency in New Zealand will have their completed unit standards recorded with NZQA. Trainees who are not eligable will receive a Certificate of Attendance.
There is no prerequisite. However, trainees will need to complete an attestation for unit 21623 post-course and supply a verification letter for unit 25927 prior to the course where possible. Alternatively, the verification letter can be completed post-course. Attestation and verification letter to be returned to email@example.com.
AsureQuality is working jointly with the New Zealand Islamic Development Trust to offer these services.
Public scheduled courses are held 9am - 5pm each dayClick here to make a personal enquiry and we’ll be in touch
Wednesday 20th September 2017$632.50 (incl. GST)1 day courseChristchurch - Peppers ResortBook now
Tuesday 21st November 2017$569.25 (incl. GST)1 day courseAuckland - Waipuna Hotel & Conference CentreBook now
Tuesday 5th December 2017$569.25 (incl. GST)1 day courseChristchurch - Peppers ResortBook now