Animal Welfare Awareness
Course Duration: 2-3 hours
Pricing: $225.00 + GST per person - Inhouse Quote minimum r
This course is designed for staff who are responsible for ensuring any animal welfare issues are dealt with while Compliance and Stockyard staff are off site. It provides the basic knowledge to deal with and report Animal Welfare issues to comply with Regulatory and market requirements.
What is covered?
- Importance of animal welfare
- The five freedoms of animal welfare
- Animal welfare legislation overview
- Responsibilities and actions
- Best practice in animal handling
- Four species - sheep, cattle, deer and bobby calf.
Who should attend?
- Night watchman staff
Any other staff required to monitor Animal Welfare
- Develop an awareness of how important animal treatment is to the quality of the end product
- Ensure your workplace consistently meets and exceeds customer expectations
- Provide confidence of compliance with the guidelines prescribed by the Animal Welfare Act 1999
- Train with a NZQA registered Private Training Establishment (PTE)
There is no prerequisite.Click here to make a personal enquiry and we’ll be in touch