Halal Introductory Auditing
Duration: 1 day, Cost: $689.00 + GST per person
This course provides an understanding of the principles of halal processing and auditing. Trainees will gain an understanding of the definition and concepts of halal certification, primary processing, halal slaughter of animals and halal auditing.
What is covered?
- Islamic Shari’ah
- Islamic concept of hygiene
- Islamic approach to Good Manufacturing Processes
- Halal stunning and slaughter requirements
- Islamic and Halal auditing requirements
Who should attend?
This course is designed for people who work in a primary processing plant and are likely to be involved in internal or external audits or would like to improve their knowledge of halal auditing.
- Pre-course self-directed learning (2 weeks prior to enhance learning in classroom )
- Classroom (face-to-face): 8 hours with tutor.
- Trainees must be employed in the industry to complete this course. It is recommended to have completed our Halal Awareness course prior.
- Trainees will be required to have a basic understanding of Shariah requirements in production and certification of Halal food and food products as per their organisational requirements.
- Age requirements- Trainees must be 18 years old or older to enrol.
English Proficiency: All students are required to have a level of written and oral English equivalent to IELTS 5.5 or higher to be eligible to attend the courses. Please note that evidence of English language proficiency is exempt for those trainees whose enrolment has been organised and paid by their employer
On successful completion of this course, trainees will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of Shariah in the production and certification of Halal food and food products for a primary products food processing operation.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Halal slaughter requirements in a meat processing operation.
- Explain the purpose and scope of a Halal audit
- Demonstrate knowledge of the Halal audit process in accordance with Shariah.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Halal food management activities for a primary products food processing operation.
The following unit standards are required to complete the Introductory Halal Auditing Programme.
- 25924 - Demonstrate knowledge of audit requirements in the certification of Halal food and food products (5 credits) (level 4)
- 21623 - Demonstrate knowledge of Halal slaughter requirements in a meat processing operation (5 credits) (level 3)
- 25926 - Demonstrate knowledge of Shariah in the production and certification of Halal food and food products (5 credits) (level 3)
Pre-course reading (self-directed learning)
Note: Currently this course is only available to domestic students. Please contact us if you are not a domestic student and would like to register your interest in this course.