Insect Identification, Food Contaminants, Control Advice
Do you have insects, mites, or pests in your facility, produce, or food? Are you interested in environmental indicators?
Our Invertebrate Pest Laboratory uses entomology and nematology expertise to identify invertebrate pests (insects, mites, spiders, nematodes, food contaminants, etc.) and other macroinvertebrates.
What is Insect Identification?
Insect Identification is the use of high-power microscopic techniques to identify insects and other invertebrates to species level. This can usually be done on the same day. We also have access to molecular diagnostic techniques where needed.
- Fresh produce importers and exporters
- Seed industry
- Commercial growers
- Food processors
- Industry groups
- Research institutes
- Government agencies
- Local authorities
Entomology & Nematology
- Extraction and identification of nematodes in plant, soil and potting mix samples
- Identification of insects, mites and other arthropods
- Identification of insect contaminants for food processing and retail industries
- Identification of aquatic macroinvertebrates
- Technical advice
- Control advice