Food Safety Essentials - elearn
Duration: 1 day, Cost: $50.00 + GST
This course is taught online. Try it now for free. (external link)
This course gives a basic understanding of the important areas in serving, handling or producing food. Especially good for ‘day one‘ training and those industries with a high turnover of staff. Understand some of the basic practices that help to ensure safe production and handling. Participants will learn a variety of topics including how to avoid cross contamination, identify and reduce hazards and promote hygienic practices.
What is covered?
Seven online modules covering the following areas plus an online knowledge check:
- Why is safe food important?
- What is a food hazard?
- What is contamination?
- Preventing Contamination
- Controlling hazards
- Shelf life
- Food safety compliance
- Train in a quick and consistent way
- Flexible delivery at any time and ability to refresh
- Reduced costs both directly and indirectly
- Great for different learning styles with ability to refresh knowledge for longer
- Can be conducted onsite at the customers premises or perfect for a mobile workforce
- Less impact on environment
- Apply new knowledge to your workplace and homelife immediately after the course
- Reduce risk of downgrade and associated costs by applying the food safety skills taught in this course
- Gain an insight into the extent of current national and international food safety issues
Who should attend?
- Anyone starting work in a food environment
- Particularly good for high turnover industries
- A relevant refresher for all staff in a food environment
7 modules and a module of knowledge check. Completion time of 30-60 minutes.
$50.00 per person + GST.
Subscription or volume discounts available – please contact us to discuss.
An AsureQuality Completion Certificate.
Please contact our team in advance if you have any special learning needs or additional support is required on the day. Trainees with literacy concerns may request a reader/writer support for non-unit standard based training.
Please contact our Training team for an individual quote.
- Early Bird Offer
- Limited Spaces