This course is designed to provide a basic understanding of the regulatory environment of Bee Products in New Zealand with emphasis on RMP requirements. Areas covered in this course include food safety under the Operational Code and helps trainees to become confident auditees.
What is covered?
- Food poisoning and food safety
- Food safety under the Operational Code for Risk Management Programmes (RMPs)
- Tutin in Honey Standard
- Transport of bee products
- Labelling requirements
- Eligibility Documents (E-cert)
Who should attend?
- RMP operators
- Those planning to set up a processing plant
- Those currently working in the industry needing a refresher
- Those new to the industry
- Understand OAS & EU OMAR
- Introduce the principles of HACCP
- Gain an insight into Food Safety and RMP legal obligations
- Become familiar with the Operational Code
- Train with a NZQA recognised Private Training Establishment (PTE)
We offer different training options for this course.
Public Schedule Classroom: See our selection of set course dates on our public schedule. Individuals can attend courses that are delivered in the classroom, face to face with our trainer. We supply catering for your training on the day. You will see the date and location (City + venue) beside each option to choose your preferred course to attend. We encourage you to train with your team and can offer group pricing for groups of 3 or more trainees.
Online Virtual Instructor-Led Training (VILT): Individuals can train from their home or workplace. You will see a course date and this option for some of our courses. These courses are managed in the same way our classroom courses are, however, all classes are virtual. After you register, you will receive a link to sign in to our online class prior to the course date. We suggest you are prepared for this training by checking below:
- Please ensure you have a stable internet connection for the session.
- Ensure you have access to a microphone and webcam
- Where possible, choose a quiet space where you are unlikely to be interrupted for the duration of your training.
- For VILT, it is recommended each of your trainees have their own device or laptop to engage well with the trainer.
View pricing information here for in-house rates.
Age requirements You will be required to be 18 years old or older to be able to enroll in our courses.
Please contact our team if you have any special learning needs or additional support is required on the day. Trainees with literacy concerns may request a reader/writer support for non-unit standard-based training.
Note: This course is available to all students. (Domestic and International)