This course provides an understanding of the principles of halal processing and auditing. Trainees will gain an understanding of the definition and concepts of halal certification, primary processing, halal slaughter of animals and halal auditing.
What is covered?
- Islamic Shari’ah
- Islamic concept of hygiene
- Islamic approach to Good Manufacturing Processes
- Halal stunning and slaughter requirements
- Islamic and Halal auditing requirements
Who should attend?
This course is designed for people who work in a primary processing plant and are likely to be involved in internal or external audits or would like to improve their knowledge of halal auditing.
- Pre-course self-directed learning (2 weeks prior to enhance learning in classroom)
- Classroom (face-to-face): 8 hours with tutor
- Trainees must be employed in the industry to complete this course. It is recommended to have completed our Halal Awareness course prior.
- Trainees will be required to have a basic understanding of Shariah requirements in production and certification of Halal food and food products as per their organisational requirements.
- Age requirements - Trainees must be 18 years or older to enrol.
English Proficiency: All students are required to have a level of written and oral English equivalent to IELTS 5.5 or higher to be eligible to attend the courses. Please note that evidence of English language proficiency is exempt for those trainees whose enrolment has been organised and paid by their employer.
On successful completion of this course, trainees will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of Shariah in the production and certification of Halal food and food products for a primary products food processing operation.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Halal slaughter requirements in a meat processing operation.
- Explain the purpose and scope of a Halal audit
- Demonstrate knowledge of the Halal audit process in accordance with Shariah.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Halal food management activities for a primary products food processing operation.
- 25924 - Demonstrate knowledge of audit requirements in the certification of Halal food and food products (5 credits) (level 4)
- 21623 - Demonstrate knowledge of Halal slaughter requirements in a meat processing operation (5 credits) (level 3)
- 25926 - Demonstrate knowledge of Shariah in the production and certification of Halal food and food products (5 credits) (level 3)
We encourage trainees via the website to please contact our team in advance if they have any special learning needs or if additional support is required on the day.
Note: This course is available to all students (domestic and international).
AsureQuality Limited has been granted approval by NZQA under section 251 of the Education Act 1989 to provide the ''Halal Introductory Auditing (Level 3)'' training scheme.
In order to meet the required enrolment duration for this course, we request some or all of the following information to be provided prior to awarding the unit or completion of the training.
- Completion of pre-course reading and activity
- Achievement of theory assessments on course
- Recognition of other Auditing training within the previous 5 years
- Evidence of onsite internal auditing
- Evidence or audit preparation
- Supply of documentation to support post-audit record-keeping activities
- This assessment should be completed within 10 weeks of the enrolment date
If you require an extension for this assessment, please contact our team directly at email@example.com