This course is designed to give the trainee an understanding of sensory testing of raw milk with testing method, classifications and possible causes of milk taints.
Our trainer will present a powerpoint presentation to cover sensory defects/odour description and possible causes. They will also cover the classification of taints and ways to reduce on farm risks.
After this presentation, the trainees will be taken through an informal exercise to assess examples of product on the course.
The trainees are required to fully complete the Sensory Assessment in order to pass and receive a certificate.
What is covered?
- Testing methods for sensory assessment
- Classifications of milk taints
- Possible causes of milk taints
- Ways to reduce on farm risk of milk taint
Who should attend?
- Anyone dealing with the supply or collection of raw milk
- You will be required to complete a
Sensory Assessment on course
There is no prerequisite.
Note: Currently this course is only available to domestic students. Please contact us if you are not a domestic student and would like to register your interest in this course