- Early Bird Offer
- Limited Spaces
- No occurences are currently available.
This programme is designed to provide Halal Awareness training to your staff. Trainees will gain an understanding of the definition and basic concepts of Halal & Shariah Law. If your company participates in the New Zealand Halal Export Assurance System and requires audit and certification services in order to make Halal claims, your team will benefit from this training.
Industries that may benefit from this course in New Zealand include red meat, dairy, seafood, honey, food processing, bakery, food service, cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, and logistics.
What is covered?
- Awareness of Islamic Shariah
- Islamic concept of hygiene
- The Islamic approach to GHP
- The concept of halal & haram in Islam
Who should attend?
- Those wishing to gain employment in Industry
- Processors and staff who would benefit from an awareness of halal and concepts of halal certification
- Staff who cannot achieve unit standards associated with halal slaughter / audit
Virtual Instructor-Led Training
We offer this training via Virtual Instructor-Led Training. We recommend:
- You have a device & a stable internet connection for the session
- Be visual to the trainer - check your webcam is ready to go
- Become familiar with your Mute and Video buttons!
- Ensure you have access to a microphone (we also recommend having a headset available for improved sound quality)
- Comfort is important so make sure you are sitting somewhere warm and comfortable
- Where possible, choose a quiet space where you are unlikely to be interrupted for the duration of your training
There is no prerequisite
Theory assessment to be completed on-course.
Pre and/or Post course Learning
This course is recommended for those wishing to gain employment in the Meat Industry and is considered a pre-requisite for the Introductory Halal Slaughter training.
All students are required to have a level of written and oral English equivalent to IELTS 5.5 or higher to be eligible to attend the courses. The person responsible for making bookings or authorising attendance on the course must agree to this entry requirement.
Please note that evidence of English language proficiency is exempt for those trainees whose enrolment has been organised, paid or required by their employer.
Please contact our team if you have any special learning needs or additional support is required on the day. Trainees with literacy concerns may request a reader/writer support for non-unit standard based training.
Note: This course is available to all students. (Domestic and International)