Introductory Food Safety - ECE
Duration: 4 hours, Cost: $225.00 + GST pp
This course provides a basic understanding of the general practices used to create an environment that is safe to produce food and the practices that help to ensure safe production and handling. Participants will learn a variety of topics including how to prevent cross contamination, promote hygienic practices and monitor the temperature of high-risk foods through the application of Good Operating Practice. This course covers the theory towards unit standards 167 and 168.
What our clients say
"BestStart (external link) recommends AsureQuality because it specifically caters for training in an early childhood education environment. Because the food safety content is tailored for early learning centres (not bakeries, cafes or restaurants), it is much more meaningful and useful to our cooks and Centre Managers."
What is covered?
- What is a food safety hazard
- Preventing contamination
- Personal hygiene
- Cleaning and sanitising
- Maintenance and repairs
- Breast Milk procedures
- Formula Milk procedures
- Controlling temperature
- Documentation and recording keeping
- Overview of NZ food legislation
Who should attend?
Anyone working or preparing to work in the Early Childcare Industry
- Apply new skills and knowledge to your workplace immediately after the course
- Reduce your company’s down-grade costs through applying the food safety controls taught in this course
- Gain an insight into current national and international food safety issues
- Train with a NZQA recognised Private Training Establishment (PTE)
- This course is aligned to unit standard 167 and 168. Although the standard course does not assess these unit standards, talk to the training team about how this may be achieved.
There is no prerequisite
Note: Currently this course is only available to domestic students. Please contact us if you are not a domestic student and would like to register your interest in this course.