Introductory HACCP - Dairy
Duration: 1 day + post course assessment, Cost: $689.00 per person + GST
The HACCP system has been developed to help manufacturers produce safe products. It is designed to help processors and manufacturers to systematically identify hazards and appropriate controls.
This course takes participants through the need for HACCP, provides a brief food safety refresher, and introduces the concept of HACCP and its principles according to Codex guidelines. Particular emphasis is placed on identification of hazards, monitoring of critical control points, corrective actions, and verification requirements.
What is covered?
- Food safety refresher
- Codex guidelines and how these are applied to HACCP
- ISO 22000/FSSC requirements for
- New Zealand food legislation
- The seven principles of HACCP and how they are used to achieve food safety
- Pre-requisite programmes
- Food safety hazards
- Controlling quality
- Critical limits
Who should attend?
- Staff who work with or maintain a
- Quality control and/or quality assurance staff (QA/QC)
- Technical staff
- Gain knowledge of the principles of
HACCP and understand the principles of
HACCP as they relate to your own role
- Gain an insight into current national and international food safety issues
- Meet legislative and industry requirements
- Train with a NZQA recognised Private
Training Establishment (PTE)
Unit standard 28263 - Monitor a HACCP system in your own work area in a food processing operation (Level 3) (5 credits).
Theoretical component to be completed on the course and attestation to be completed post-course.
There is no prerequisite.
Note: Currently this course is only available to domestic students. Please contact us if you are not a domestic student and would like to register your interest in this course.