Advanced Food Safety - unit 168
Duration: 1 day, Cost: $440 per person + GST + Disbursements
Gain an understanding of the causes of food safety issues such as spoilage, contamination and food poisoning. Food safety hazards which impact on the food industry will be explained along with prevention methods and important hazard control factors applicable to a food business.
This course material is aligned to unit standard 167 and 168. Unit standard 168 is assessed on the course. Talk to the training team about how 167 may be achieved.
What our clients say
“The training was extremely well prepared and easily understood by all levels of the organisation. Highly technical subjects were put into layman’s terms so those attending could relate to it.” Employee at Viscount Plastics
What is covered?
- Touches on the basic principles of HACCP
- What is a food recall
- Food safety challenges
- Conditions for bacterial growth
- Preventing contamination
- Prerequisite programmes
- Approved suppliers
- Allergen management
- Temperature control
- Documentation and recording keeping
- NZ Food Legislation and understanding verification
Who should attend?
Those with a basic knowledge of food safety hazards and who may be looking to train further in HACCP in the future
- Apply new skills to your workplace immediately after the course
- Learn how to prevent spoilage through correct food preservation techniques
- Gain an insight into current national and international food safety issues
- Train with a NZQA recognised Private Training Establishment (PTE)
The completion of Introductory Food Safety or equivalent experience is recommended.
Note: Currently this course is only available to domestic students. Please contact us if you are not a domestic student and would like to register your interest in this course.