- Early Bird Offer
- Limited Spaces
- No occurences are currently available.
This course is designed to provide the food industry with a better understanding of the application of HACCP principles and how they can be applied to improve systems. Attendees are taken through the need for HACCP, given a food safety refresher, and taught the concept and application of HACCP and its principles according to Codex guidelines.
What is covered?
- Food Safety refresher
- Codex guidelines and how these are applied to HACCP
- New Zealand Food Legislation
- The seven principles of HACCP and how it is used to achieve food safety
- Developing, implementing and managing a HACCP plan in your workplace
- Reviewing HACCP programmes (participants are requested to bring their own HACCP plan if they have one)
Who should attend?
- Staff who have responsibility for developing, implementing or auditing HACCP plans
- Production/processing managers and supervisors
- Quality control and/or quality assurance staff (QA/QC) Technical staff
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the principles of HACCP and their application
- Meet the requirements of most Food Quality and Safety Standards
- Gain an insight into current national and international food safety issues
- Train with a NZQA recognised Private Training Establishment (PTE)
- Unit Standard 28264 - Demonstrate understanding of a HACCP application in a food processing operation (Level 4) (10 Credits)
We offer different training options for this course.
Public Schedule Classroom: See our selection of set course dates on our public schedule. Individuals can attend courses that are delivered in the classroom, face to face with our trainer. We supply catering for your training on the day. You will see the date and location (City + venue) beside each option to choose your preferred course to attend. We encourage you to train with your team and can offer group pricing for groups of 3 or more trainees.
Online Virtual Instructor-Led Training (VILT): Individuals can train from their home or workplace. You will see a course date and this option for some of our courses. These courses are managed in the same way our classroom courses are, however, all classes are virtual. After you register, you will receive a link to sign in to our online class prior to the course date. We suggest you are prepared for this training by checking below:
- Please ensure you have a stable internet connection for the session.
- Ensure you have access to a microphone and webcam
- Where possible, choose a quiet space where you are unlikely to be interrupted for the duration of your training.
- For VILT, it is recommended each of your trainees have their own device or laptop to engage well with the trainer.
In-House Training: We offer training in-house exclusively for your team. We can deliver in the classroom face to face, to a maximum class size of 12 trainees.
There is no prerequisite, however a good understanding of the hazards to food safety, the food sector (including regulatory requirements), and the products/ processes of the participant’s company is advised.
You will be required to be 18 years old or older to be able to enrol in our courses.
Please contact our team in advance if you have any special learning needs or additional support is required on the day. Trainees with literacy concerns may request a reader/writer support for non-unit standard based training.