Animal Welfare Awareness - Online training
Duration: 3 hours + assessment
Cost: $2000 + GST per class (1-6 trainees)
This course is designed for staff who are responsible for ensuring any animal welfare issues are dealt with while compliance and stockyard staff are off site. It provides the basic knowledge to deal with and report animal welfare issues to comply with regulatory and market requirements.
What is covered?
- Importance of animal welfare
- The five freedoms of animal welfare
- Animal welfare legislation overview
- Responsibilities and actions
- Best practice in animal handling
- Four specialist types of training - sheep, cattle, deer and bobby calf
Who should attend?
- Night watchman staff
- Any other staff required to monitor animal welfare
Online Virtual Instructor-Led Training only
- Please ensure you have a stable internet connection for the session.
- Ensure you have access to a microphone and webcam
- Where possible, choose a quiet space where you are unlikely to be interrupted for the duration of your training.
- Develop an awareness of how important animal treatment is to the quality of the end product
- Ensure your workplace consistently meets and exceeds customer expectations
- Provide confidence of compliance with the guidelines prescribed by the Animal Welfare Act 1999
- Train with a NZQA registered Private Training Establishment (PTE)
There is no prerequisite.
Note: This course is available to all students. (Domestic and International)