This course is only available to domestic students
Course Duration: 2 day classroom & pre-course reading
Pricing: $1289.00 + GST per person
This course is designed to provide the food industry with a better understanding of the application of HACCP principles and how they can be applied to improve systems. Attendees are taken through the need for HACCP, given a food safety refresher, and taught the concept and application of HACCP and its principles according to Codex guidelines.
What is covered?
- Food Safety refresher
- Codex guidelines and how these are applied to HACCP
- New Zealand Food Legislation
- The seven principles of HACCP and how it is used to achieve food safety
- Developing, implementing and managing a HACCP plan in your workplace
- Reviewing HACCP programmes (participants are requested to bring their own HACCP plan if they have one)
Who should attend?
- Staff who have responsibility for developing, implementing or auditing HACCP plans
- Production/processing managers and supervisors
- Quality control and/or quality assurance staff (QA/QC) Technical staff
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the principles of HACCP and their application
- Meet the requirements of most Food Quality and Safety Standards
- Gain an insight into current national and international food safety issues
- Train with a NZQA recognised Private Training Establishment (PTE)
- Unit Standard 28264 - Demonstrate understanding of a HACCP application in a food processing operation (Level 4) (10 Credits)
Note: For each credit allow around 10 hours of learning. This includes classroom time, self-directed learning and assessment time.
There is no prerequisite, however a good understanding of the hazards to food safety, the food sector (including regulatory requirements), and the products/ processes of the participant’s company is advised.
Two weeks before the course you will receive pre-course reading material. Please make sure you take the time to go through this document and familiarise yourself with your HACCP plan. This is to help you make the most of your learning experience on the course.
Note: Currently this course is only available to domestic students. Please contact us if you are not a domestic student and would like to register your interest in this course.Click here to make a personal enquiry and we’ll be in touch
Wednesday 25th September 2019$1,434.05 (incl. GST)2 day classroom & pre-course readingHastings -Porters Boutique Hotel Conference centre3 spaces left - Book now
Thursday 10th October 2019$1,290.64 (incl. GST)2 day classroom & pre-course readingNelson - The Hotel NelsonBook now
Tuesday 12th November 2019$1,290.64 (incl. GST)2 day classroom & pre-course readingInvercargill - Ascot Park HotelBook now
Tuesday 17th December 2019$1,290.64 (incl. GST)2 day classroom & pre-course readingPalmerston North - Copthorne HotelBook now