This is an approved Training Scheme with NZQA
Course Duration: 2 day classroom & pre-course reading
Pricing: $1289.00 + GST per person
This course is designed to provide the food industry with a better understanding of the application of HACCP principles and how they can be applied to improve systems. Attendees are taken through the need for HACCP, given a food safety refresher, and taught the concept and application of HACCP and its principles according to Codex guidelines.
What is covered?
- Food Safety refresher
- Codex guidelines and how these are applied to HACCP
- New Zealand Food Legislation
- The seven principles of HACCP and how it is used to achieve food safety
- Developing, implementing and managing a HACCP plan in your workplace
- Reviewing HACCP programmes (participants are requested to bring their own HACCP plan if they have one)
Who should attend?
- Staff who have responsibility for developing, implementing or auditing HACCP plans
- Production/processing managers and supervisors
- Quality control and/or quality assurance staff (QA/QC) Technical staff
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the principles of HACCP and their application
- Meet the requirements of most Food Quality and Safety Standards
- Gain an insight into current national and international food safety issues
- Train with a NZQA recognised Private Training Establishment (PTE)
This course is indicative of 36 hours of learning. This includes classroom time, self-directed learning and assessment time.
- Unit Standard 28264 - Demonstrate understanding of a HACCP application in a food processing operation (Level 4) (10 Credits)
Note: For each credit allow around 10 hours of learning.
Pre and/or Post course Learning
Two weeks before the course you will receive pre-course reading material. Please make sure you take the time to go through this document and familiarise yourself with your HACCP plan. This is to help you make the most of your learning experience on the course.
Theory assessment to be completed on-course.
A good understanding of the hazards to food safety, the food sector (including regulatory requirements), and the products/ processes of the participant’s company is advised.
All students are required to have a level of written and oral English equivalent to IELTS 5.5 or higher to be eligible to attend the courses. The person responsible for making bookings or authorising attendance on the course must agree to this entry requirement.
Please note that evidence of English language proficiency is exempt for those trainees whose enrolment has been organised, paid or required by their employer.
Please contact our team if you have any special learning needs or additional support is required on the day. Trainees with literacy concerns may request a reader/writer support for non-unit standard based training.
Note: This course is available to all students. (Domestic and International)
Tuesday 17th December 2019$1,290.64 (incl. GST)2 day classroom & pre-course readingPalmerston North - Copthorne Hotel3 spaces left - Book now
Wednesday 29th January 2020$1,434.05 (incl. GST)2 day classroom & pre-course readingChristchurch - Sudima HotelBook now
Tuesday 18th February 2020$1,434.05 (incl. GST)2 day classroom & pre-course readingAuckland - Waipuna Hotel & Conference CentreBook now
Tuesday 3rd March 2020$1,290.64 (incl. GST)2 day classroom & pre-course readingChristchurch - Sudima HotelBook now
Tuesday 31st March 2020$1,290.64 (incl. GST)2 day classroom & pre-course readingInvercargill - Ascot Park HotelBook now