TB Free Programme
AsureQuality is contracted to OSPRI (Operational Solutions for the Primary Industry) under TBFree New Zealand (external link) to deliver TB testing services for both cattle and deer against the National Pest Management Strategy.
We also support vector control and surveillance activities under this programme by performing post-mortems of possums, ferrets, feral pigs and deer.
This involves examining and in some cases extracting all lymph nodes, lymphocentres or tissues from the carcass.
While most of our TB Testing is completed under the contract with TBFree we do offer a "peace of mind" test if you want assurance your cattle, deer or alpaca are TB free.
Facial Eczema Monitoring
We offer a range of spore monitoring packages to aid in identifying the level of spores and consequent eczema risk that a paddock may present. Monitoring will help farmers take control of the risk of facial eczema and reduce associated production losses.
Animal Health Assurance and Management
We offer a number of services to support time consuming health management for farmers:
- Blood Sample collection for sending to a laboratory for Serology testing – (see section below)
- DNA sampling
- Weighing & Body Condition Scoring by Certified Body Condition Score Assessors
- Serology testing for animal diseases:
- IBR (Infectious Bovine Rhinotracheitis)
- BVD & EBL (Bovine Viral Diarrhoea and Enzootic Bovine Leukosis)
- Johnes Disease (deer and cattle)
- CAE testing for goat herds (Caprine Encephalitis and Arthritis)
- Trace Element deficiencies.
A number of these services we also deliver in support of companies and their nationwide programmes.